Sunday 21 March 2010

some silver

this is a ring!!! i know very obvious - made for my thumb - basic ring with texture stamped into it, made from sterling silver not art clay. scrolls also made from silver then soldered on, and off course aged with liver of sulpher!!
    a small silver vessel
I brought some Edwardian Silver spoons, sawed the handles off - to use to make rings at a later date, and the spoon part I have made into a pendant. I "reticulated" the surface to give texture, also over heated in one small part to make a hole and then filled with some natural pearls and a silver small heart and black crystal

3 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Well, I know this is going to be a long one, as I don't think I have an accurate email for you anymore.

First of all, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving all your lovely comments. But mostly because it made me go and visit you. Your latest pieces are just out of this world Heidi, you should do this professionally. The ring is just unbelievable, but so are so many of your other pieces....
Are you still running classes somewhere? I know a certain person and you don't see quite eye to eye anymore (it happens...)but I would just love to do another class with you. Oh and a different question, ever thought of opening an Etsy store? Your stuff is way better than what you often see on there...

Anyway, hope you are keeping well and stay in touch. It seems a long time since the old Docraft days...

Tonje said...

OMG what AMAZINGLY beautiful things you make! I love all of it, from the ring, to the frames, to the vase, fairies and spoons. It's too bad you can't live off your crafting, this should really bee a full time thing. You are so talented!

My name is Cindy said...

I am just gobsmacked as always by your beautiful work - don't disappear completely as we want to keep seeing these great creations!!