OK so I have been playing with the "paper" version of the ArClay, with some good and some really not so good, and some totally pants results. I have 1 1/2 sheets left and they really are not cheap, and also very small. They are only 7.5cm by 7.5cm so not a lot to play with, and not a lot before you make a mess of it!!!. I have just found a great way to roll the clay even thinner. I've never come across this idea in any of the books i have read or things i have read on the tinternet, it was from a happy accident, as most great eureka moments are, so I am pleased about that.
So this batch of jewellery has been created with lots of stamps, one mould slightly adapted, lots of badger balm and of course my new kiln. Which was great - and now I understand how to do a basic "fire" I'm away, and no stopping me.
The patchwork one to the left - I am really pleased with as I covered a twig with silver paste and then dried it, then built the hanging around it, so when I fired the piece the twig burnt away leaving a hollow twig/tube to thread the necklace through. Also the paper clay hanging with the tree, it looks really nice on, i need to work on this idea more as i want to take it in a different direction, and I have lots of ideas.
Well sadly I am having to go back to work on Monday that two week break seemed to go ohhh to quickly, maybe if I had managed to get out of bed earlier in the morning I may have had more time.
Well here's to a great new year and new idea's and new projects and a new diet boo!!!